For a domain to be tracked by Vine you need to add it in the Web Site->Settings->Tracked Domains page. Please click Add Domain and follow the instructions:
Please note that currently Vine still tracks any web page that includes the Vine script even if the page is not located in a domain listed in the Tracked domains pane. But in a future version of Vine Marketing Automation, Vine will limit tracking only to domains specified in the Tracked domains pane.
While adding a tracked domain, you will be offered the following three options to enable Vine tracking by adding the Vine script to your web pages:
- If you created your site using WordPress then you should add Vine tracking using the WordPress Vine plug-in.
- If you created your site using Joomla then you should add Vine tracking using the Joomla Vine plug-in.
- For all other systems, you can copy the Vine script to your web pages manually.
If in your scenario the methods above do not work then you can use Google Tag Manager to install Vine tracking.
- If you want to add the Vine script manually then you need to make sure thatOther is selected when adding your tracked domain:
- Click Continue through the other wizard till the Vine script installation step.
- Click Copy to add the script to the Windows Clipboard and then paste it to the HEAD or BODY part of all web pages visits to which you want to track. For example like this:
- After adding the script to your web pages, click Continue. Vine will verify the script and the wizard will proceed to the next step if the script has been installed correctly.
If adding to the BODY part then you have to place the script as high as possible, for example:
Installing Vine Script to the Body
In the Do not track these pages pane, you can:
- List pages which you do not want to be tracked.
- Specify which URL parameter values you want to be removed from tracked page URLs.
You can set a page score for each page type:
Setting Points Decrement Settings
A person’s lead score goes up after each page visit but you can configure for the score to go down if a person has not been visiting any pages for some time:
Set the lead score decrement value in percentages in the Decrement % field and set the inactivity time in weeks after which you want to apply this decrement in the Decrement time in weeks field.