How to Test Cookie Consent Manually
After you have configured your consent dialog you should check if it is really blocking cookies until the visitor allowed them.
We will demonstrate this using Mozilla Firefox, but there are similar procedures in other desktop browsers.
Testing in Mozilla Firefox
- Open the web page where you want to check your consent dialog behavior in the Firefox browser.
- Press CTRL+SHIFT+I to open the Web Developer Tools pane and then go to the Storage tab and expand the Cookies menu.
- Click your domain to see cookies installed for it.
- If there are some cookies present then right-click the domain, select Delete All to clear the cookies installed earlier and then reload the page.
- You should see the cookie consent dialog. (If it not shown then something is already wrong.)
- Click Accept in the dialog and the cookies should appear. You should see the
vcookieconsent2cookie set to
- Clear cookies and reload the page. Click Deny . No vine cookies should appear except the
vcookieconsent2cookie which should now be set to