You can add marketing contacts to your Vine database, for example, by manually creating persons in Vine Marketing Automation or Vine CRM, by importing contacts from an Excel file, or by loading data from the Vine Address Service. You can use the Address Service to populate your database with good marketing data as it has access to thousands of Finnish companies and decision making people.
The Vine Address Service is integrated with the decision maker data from Asiakastieto Oy which provides access to thousands of companies and key people. The Load From Address Service tool is only available if you have ordered the Address Service. You can order it by contacting email@example.com
Configuring Address Service Settings
Before loading data using the Address Service, you have to configure Address Service settings. In most cases, however, it is recommended to use the default values which you can set by clicking Set Suggested Settings on the Contacts->Settings page (if the button is disabled then the default settings are currently used). Please make sure that you are using the suggested settings.
To load data from the Address Service you have to create a segment. Please note that a segment is not a fixed list of persons, but a dynamic search executed each time the members of a segment are needed.
Please go to Contacts->Segments in the main left menu and then click Add Segment to create a new segment. The following dialog will appear where you can edit your segment:
All available filters that you can apply are located on the left divided into the Contact Filters and Company Filters groups. To apply a filter simply click in on the left and it will open in the sliding panel where you can edit it.
All applied filters are added to the Selected Contact Filters and Selected Company Filters groups located under the Results pane. The Results pane shows the main info about your segment and is updated once a filter is added or removed.
By default, only the No marketing filter is applied right after a segment is created and you can open it by clicking "Exclude contacts who have forbidden marketing" in the Selected Contact Filters pane.
Next, we will add all marketing people from advertising companies excluding managing directors.
- To add all advertising companies, click the Industry filter from the Company Filters and then type "advertise" in the search box to find companies having this key word:
Click the Advertising node to select the Advertising sub branch.
Please note that the grey background for an expand/collapse icon highlights that the branch includes selected items which may not be immediately visible:
Click Close and the filter will be added and applied.
- Now let us limit the search to marketing people from the found advertising companies. Select the Job Responsibility filter from Contact Filters and then select "Markkinointi".
If you have just subscribed to the Vine Address Service then the list of responsibilities may be empty as it will be first populated from the Address Service in the next Address Service Nightly Updates.
The checkboxes in this dialog work as follows:
- To understand the Remove Managing Directors checkbox, you should be aware that contacts in the Address Service might have several job responsibilities. So if, for instance, you need marketing people but do not want managing directors among those then you should select "Markkinointi" in the list and additionally select Remove Managing Directors to exclude managing directors from the search.
- Show more specific responsibilities replaces the list by expanding each responsibility into more detailed ones.
Click Close. Now you have defined a segment search which will load marketing people from advertising people with exception of marketing directors.
- To refine your search further, you can use more filters. For example, the Limit to Groups and Exclude Groups contact and company filters include folders and settings from the classification and profiling tools in Vine CRM and Vine MA.
Let us add the Company Data filter to load only companies with personnel more than 30 employees and turnover higher than 100 k
Please note that in Vine the registration date is only available for companies loaded using the Address Service.
- Click Close and then click Calculate to see the resulting amount of companies and persons in your segment.
The Contacts: and Companies: counts show how many persons and companies the segment finds in your database. You can click Show Contacts to see these contacts. In addition to that, the Results pane shows estimates of how many matching contacts and companies can be loaded to this segment from the Address Service. The real counts depend on many things, such as, the Address Service settings, the amount of companies linked to a loaded contact (as all linked companies are loaded for a loaded person), and so on.
Please note that your monthly invoice from Vine depends on the number of persons (contacts) in your database and does not depend on how many companies you load. If you need more information please refer to your contract or contact Vine support.
- If you are happy with the Results estimates then click Load from Address Service to add the data to your database. The following confirmation dialog will appear:
- Click OK to load the data. Please wait until the data finishes loading. You can now check how many objects the current segment has in your database.
- Click Save to give the segment a name and store it to the database.
- Click Save.