- Click Emails->Messages in the left menu.
- Click New in the command bar at the top.
- Select the language of shown templates, then browse the available templates and click the Info template. The email editor will open where you can design your email building up on the chosen template.
- Click inside the top chapter and then click X to remove the chapter:
Adding chapters:Vine emails consist of chapters which are highlighted by a "dashed" line around them. You can add a chapter layout by dragging it from the Layouts list on the Content tab.
- Add a new chapter layout: Select the first column layout from the Layouts list in the left sidebar and drag it to the top of our email.
Once you have the chapter layout in place, drag the needed content blocks to destination columns. Then you customize each content block with your own text, brand images and so on. The process is straightforward and visual. Let's do it step by step.
- Add Image block to the top chapter: Drag the Image block to the chapter layout you just added.
- To add image click the image placeholder and then click the pencil icon:
- Go to the Unsplash.com tab to browse and find a suitable image or load an image on the Organization Library tab. Click an image you like and then click OK.
- Use the Empty Space around Chapter settings on the Chapter tab or/and the Empty Space inside Block settings to adjust the size of your image.
- Click inside text blocks and edit the text
Editing Text:Click in the text you want to edit and use the mini toolbar. Each button on it has a tooltip, but if you need more information about a specific command, you can find it here.
You can add Vine field placeholders to customize your email. For example, you can add the lastname of the recipient in addition to the already available firstname in the template:
- Click in the red button to configure it as follows:
- Change its name as needed, for example set it to: "Download Contract"
- Select its type - Document from the Link Type setting and then select what document you want recipients to download from the Document list
- Open the Design group of settings to change the background color and possible other settings to make the button look as you want
- To save the email: Click Save in the top left corner, then give the email a name and click Save in the dialog.
How to Set Email Sender and Other Settings
- Click Settings.
- Enter a Subject and a teaser. If needed, you can add Vine field placeholders from the Vine Tag list .
- Use the Sender pane to tell your recipients who you are and how they can contact you back:
- For the Sender name you should consider using either a persons's name or your company's name. A person's name works best when it is of a real contact who already has some business relationship with recipients or their companies and the name will be familiar to many recipients. Alternatively, you could use your company or brand name as then more recipients will likely recognize the sender and will be interested to open the email.
- Best to use valid From and Reply addresses which look like emails of real people and will forward received emails to Vine Forwarding email address so that Vine MA would be able to collect full statistics. You can use different From & Reply addresses if really needed, but it is recommended that both would be from the same domain and related to the same company.
Note: You cannot send an email if the domain of its From address has not been confirmed. You can confirm and configure email domains in Email -> Settings.
- We will skip the SEO settings for now which are needed to define how this email will look when shared in social media.
- In the Others group please set the following settings:
- In the Address Register field you can specify the source of target contact data for this email.
- Use the Language setting to specify the language for standard email parts, such as, "if you cannot read this email, click here", "unsubscribe". These will be translated automatically.
- Select Use Linked Images if you want to include only links to your images and do not embed the images in email.
- Click OK.
How to Test Email
- Click Test to verify the spam score of the email and send it to you or other selected contacts.
- Please review the Test Report pane for the SPAM score and other possible issues in your email. If the spam check is shown as "Failed" then it is recommended to click Close and then click Test Spam Rating for a detailed spam analysis.
- By default, the email is personalized to be sent to you, but you can change that by finding and selecting a new person from the Personalization list.
- Use the Send Test Email to Persons list to add more contacts you want to send the test email to.
- Click Send Test Email and then check the Inbox in your email application and verify how the email looks and if it has the correct Subject, Message and From fields. Check that all links work properly.
- Click Close button and the Send button will be enabled.
How to Save Email
- Click SAVE to save the current email. If it's a new email that you are saving then the following dialog will appear:
- Select a folder where to save the email or create a new one.
- Type a name of your email.
- Click Save.
How to Send Email
Click Send in email editor or select an email on the Messages page and click Send. The Send Email Wizard will open which will guide you step by step.