Please expand the Contacts menu in the left side menu panel and select Contacts->Settings.
Address Service Settings
On the Address Service pane you can configure loading from the Address Service.
- You might want to select a subscription list where all the loaded persons will be added. If you need a new list, you can create it on the Subscription Lists page:
- Next, you should decide if you want all persons or only persons with email addresses present. If you plan to send emails to contacts in your database then you obviously need persons with email addresses. Another thing to consider is whether you want to include only persons with already present email addresses or you also want to include persons who do not have email addresses but whose email addresses can be generated by Vine. Please note that Vine tries to generate email addresses using the most common way of creating corporate email addresses, such as "firstname.lastname@companydomain".
Please note that all loaded persons will appear in "All Contacts" anyway but often it is useful to have a separate list as well where you can keep track of all persons loaded from the Address Service.
- Select Load all persons if you want to load all found persons regardless if they have email address or not. (This is recommended if you are also a user of Vine CRM)
- Select Load persons with email or email can be generated if you want to load all found persons with email address or Vine can generate email addresses. In this case all loaded persons will have an email address, either original or generated by Vine.
- Select Load persons with email if you want to only load persons which have email addresses in the Address Service database.
Please also note that if Load all persons from companies is selected then new persons can be added to the target group also during nightly database updates.
All companies and persons in your database will be matched at night to the data in the Address Service. Matching companies and persons will be updated in your database to be the exact copies of the ones in the Address Service.
If a person has been removed from the Address Service then an event about this will be connected to the person.
Please note that for a matching company its all new employees will be also loaded to the database if Load all persons from companies is selected. In addition, employer companies of these new persons will be loaded and so on until there is nothing to load. This may affect you invoice so select Load all persons from companies with caution.
In the GDPR - Delete Person pane (available only for users with the Admin role), you can completely remove all the data on a person ( for example, if you have received a Data Erasure request) in your database.
- Enter a person's name and click Find.
- In the list of found persons click the one you want to remove.
- Select Confirm the delete and then click Delete.
Allowing Forgotten Person
If you need to allow using a "forgotten" person (person whose data you have removed from Vine), you can do it using the person's email address or phone number.
To allow a previously forgotten person:
- Enter the person's email address or phone number in the bottom Find edit box and click Find:
- If the person is forgotten then you will see the following dialog:
- Click OK to allow using that person again.
Please note that Vine does not keep any data on forgotten persons. Instead, Vine prevents adding forgotten persons again by storing their emails and/or phone numbers as hash values (numerical codes uniquely identifying data, but without possibility to decode data). So when you ask to allow a person by entering an email or phone, Vine generates a hash value from it, compares to hash values of forgotten persons, and allows the person if it finds a matching hash value.
Click Calculate to get the data about how many idle persons in your database.
Click Delete Unused Persons if you want to clean your database from persons who have not been used for more than three months (persons who have not been changed in Vine, and no email sent to, and no event connected) excluding persons who Unsubscribed from all communication, persons of Vine users, and employees of your customers.
Click Export Unused Persons to Excel if you need to keep a list of those.