Import from Excel File
To add persons to a list using Excel Import, click Excel in the list command bar and select Import from Excel from the list that will appear.
- In the Import from Excel sliding panel that will appear, review the needed steps and click Download.
- Download and open the Excel template:
- Enable editing, if needed, or create a new Excel file with the same structure, and then add data you want to import. You should leave the first row with the field names:
- Save the Excel file with your data.
- Click IMPORT to load objects from the file to the database and email list:
Updating Existing Data
Please note that when loading objects the Excel Import will try to detect if the imported persons and companies already exist in the database. If it detects that persons and companies exist then it will update the existing objects instead of creating new ones.
The Import concludes that persons match depending on what data the import file includes:
- If import data includes person_id field then imported persons match persons with the same person ID in the database. (If you importing edited Excel data originally exported from Vine, then it is important that you preserve the "person_id" and "company_id" columns so that all objects will be updated correctly.)
- If no person ID present, then if import data includes first name, last name, and email address then imported persons match the ones in the database if they have the same first name, last name, and email address.
- If import data includes only email address, then the Import considers as matching persons with the same email address in the file and database.
With companies, the Import concludes that companies match as follows:
- If import data includes company_id field then imported companies match companies with the same company ID in the database.
- If no company ID present, then if import data includes businessID, and street address then imported companies match the ones in the database if they have the same businessID, and street address.
- If imported data includes only company name, then the Import considers as matching companies with the same name in the file and database.
Export to Excel File
To export list persons to an Excel file, click Excel in the command bar and select Export to Excel from the list that will appear.
Select Open with Microsoft Excel or Save File and then click OK.
Please sign in to leave a comment.