Live Chat Types
In the Chat transfer to human section you can configure the chat bot so that a visitor can switch to a human operator who can then have a live chat using your team messaging application. You need to have the Admin role to configure Vine Live Chat.
First, please select your team messaging application from the Chat type list. More settings will appear depending on your application.
For the Mattermost application the following settings will appear:
- Chat server is the web address of your Mattermost server.
- Chat team is a team in Mattermost where a channel will be created for each new conversation request. (If you do not have an appropriate team then you need to create it in Mattermost.)
To integrate your Mattermost with Vine chat please use a Mattermost account with the administrator rights to do the following:
In Mattermost, please go to System Console > Integrations > Bot Accounts and set Enable Bot Account Creation to true:
Go to Main Menu > Integrations > Bot Accountsand click Add Bot Accountto create a bot account that will be used in integration.
- Copy the Token ID and paste it in the Chat Token field.
Microsoft Teams Configuration
For Microsoft Teams the following settings will appear:
To integrate your MS Teams chat channel with Vine chat please use a MS Teams account with the administrator rights:
- In MS Teams, right-click the channel and select Get link to channel:
- Copy the link
- and paste it in Vine to the Chat channel field
- Now click Download Vine App for Teams to download and save "Vine app for Teams.zip" file.
- In MS Teams, click Apps in the bottom of the left side menu and then clickUpload a custom app and select Upload for your organization.
- Click the Vine app to choose which team you want to add it to.
- Click Add To a Team
- And then select a channel and click Set up a bot:
Browse for the downloaded zip file "Vine app for Teams.zip" to install Vine app.
You have now finished integration of Vine Chatbot and MS Teams. Please verify this by starting a chatbot (for example, in chatbot preview) and then enter the "Switching to operator trigger" phrase from the settings:
If everything has been configured correctly then you should get a prompt for a new conversation in MS Teams:
Live Chat Trigger & Messages
Use the following settings to configure chatbot messages in Live Chat:
- Switching to operator trigger. Visitor questions will be compared to this phrase to detect when the visitor asks for a human agent. Click to add more Live Chat trigger phrases.
- Switching to operator. This phrase shown after the chatbot detected the switching to operator trigger.
- Waiting for operator. Shown while chatbot is waiting for a human agent to respond. Can be shown several times till an agent responds or the chatbot cancels waiting (after about 3-4 minutes of waiting).
- No online operators. Shown when the chatbot stops waiting for a human agent.
- Ask contact. Shown after chatbot stopped waiting. Click and select a form that will be shown so that the visitor could leave its contact data using this form.