Creating a Zap
Using Vine Triggers
Let's explore how to use Vine triggers with a sample Zap that is activated when a new lead is created in Vine. The Zap will then create a new person object in Pipedrive, if it does not already exist.
- Click Create Zap to create a new zap. A new zap will be created and its Trigger dialog will open:
- Search for "vine" in the Trigger dialog and then select Vine from the list. (If there are several versions available then please select the latest version of Vine.). The available Vine triggering events will be listed:
- Select the New Lead triggering event:
Click Continue and then verify if your Zap is connected to Vine (you might need to authorize again if the connection expired):
- Click Continue again and set parameters for your trigger in the next dialog:
Click Continue to test your trigger and pull in a sample of data from Vine to Zapier. If the test is successful you will be suggested to continue to the step where you can define which actions you want to perform once the trigger is activated.
Click Done Editing to close the Vine trigger.
Click the Plus sign, find the "Pipedrive" application and create a "Find or Create" action in Pipedrive:
Test and give a name to your zap.
If the zap works as intended then click Publish Zap to turn it on.
Using Vine Actions
Let's explore now how to use Vine actions with a sample Zap that is activated when a new person is created in Pipedrive. The Zap will then copy that person object to Vine, if it does not already exist:
- Create a zap using the New Person trigger in pipedrive:
- Create a Find a person action in Vine:
- There is two search types available: by Email and by Name and Company. Select Email:
- Configure the parameters of the Find action and select Create Vine Person if it doesn't exist yet :
- Click Continue and then Test the action and turn it on if it works as intended.