The Questionnaires page gives an overview of questionnaire usage and allows you to create new questionnaires or change existing ones.
The page shows:
- Questionnaire usage statistics
- List of questionnaires
- A New Questionnaire button which opens a questionnaire editor where you can design comprehensive questionnaires by entering questions and specifying answer options.
Questionnaire usage statistics
You can see how many questionnaires were answered during the current and the previous week, month, and quarter:
The chart shows the number of questionnaires answered per month:
The Questionnaires table lists questionnaires recently created.
For each questionnaire the table shows the date when it was created, the name and how many times it was answered.
- To edit a questionnaire, click it or click and select Edit
- To create a copy of a questionnaire , click and select Duplicate
- To delete a questionnaire, click and select Delete
Click ALL to open the Questionnaires / List page where you can see all available questionnaires.
Click to create a new questionnaire.
Click the Answers counter to view and analyze the results of a questionnaire.
The Questionnaires / List page lists all questionnaires available to you:
To create a new questionnaire, click :
- Enter a name.
- If you want to set the header image then click in
Choose a questionnaire phase:
- Choose Active if you are going to use the questionnaire for emails sent in Marketing Automation. Questionnaires in other phases can not be added to emails.
- Choose Planning if you are creating a new questionnaire or modifying an existing one and it is not ready yet.
- Choose Closed if you are no longer going to use the questionnaire in your marketing emails.
- Enter description for your questionnaire. Select Show Description to make the description visible to respondents. Otherwise, the description will not be shown in your questionnaire and can be used only for internal comments.
- Use the Header Color, Background Color and Background Image fields to further enhance the look of your query.
Select a desired font for your questionnaire from the Font list
and choose an image from the Edit Image dialog.
Please note that you can use the Style Wizard in Customer Web Settings for more advanced design settings.
To create a question:
Click in its Subject to enter the name of the question and then click in the Question field and enter the question.
Click to move the question to the required position in the list of questions.
Select an answer type for the question from the Answers Type list.
If you need more information about each answer type please refer to the Answer Types section below.
Enter Answer Options. Check how the answer options will look for your question and use the arrows to move any option row to the desired position.
Select Free text answer if needed. A Free Text edit box will be added so that any extra information can be entered.
Select Mandatory if you do not want the user to skip answering this question. Mandatory questions will be marked with a star and will be emphasized with a red line if the user clicks Save without answering a mandatory field.
If you want to add one more question then click in the Subject field of the next question.
(Whenever you click in the last available question a form for one more question appears at the bottom of your questionnaire.)
- If you want to copy a question , click . The copy will be inserted right after the copied question.
- If you want to delete a question , click .
- To save the current state of the questionnaire, click .
- To preview the current questionnaire click, . Please note that you need to save the questionnaire first before the View button will be enabled.
Answer types define how the user will answer your questions.
In free text fields, answer text can be typed in free form:
Number fields allow integer values within limits set by Value Range:
Checkboxes allow selecting any number of options. A Free Text edit box can be added for free-form answers.
Radio-buttons allow selecting one of the available options only. A Free Text edit box can be added for freeform answers.
Menus are lists which allow selecting one item from the list. A Free Text edit box can be added for freeform answers.
Use the Rating type to create questions which require a five star scale answers.
You can start analyzing the results of your questionnaire by clicking the Answers counter in the list of questionnaires. It contains the statistics of answers in a graphical form. The pane lists all the questions and counts of answers selected by customers:
For each answer, there is a count of how many customers selected this answer. If there is not enough space for answer text and/or count then this information can be seen in a tool tip for this answer bar.
For numerical answers an average value of all answers is shown.
If you need to analyze answers in even more detail you can do this by exporting answer data into an Excel file.
Click Export to Excel to export all the answer data into an Excel file. The Excel workbook will include two sheets:
- Questionnaire summary which lists questions, answers, their counts and percentages in all selected answers.
- Questionnaire data includes more detailed data which you can further process: