A Vine Automation rule is a workflow diagram of actions that you want to be performed when a certain marketing action happens.
It can be a very simple workflow as in the following sample which automatically triggers when a site visitor subscribes to a subscription list and then adds the person to a collection of sales prospects and sends an email to the person who subscribed:
You can find samples of real useful automation rules here.
The Automations page allows you to analyze statistics of your running automations, build new ones, and test how they perform.
At the top of the page the following automation counters gives you an overview of the current usage of your automation rules:
- Executions - how many automation rules have been triggered in last 30 days. Click the counter to see more details:
- The following statuses are possible: Success, Error, Killed(if an automation was interrupted while in progress), and Skipped (which happens when an already running automation attempts to start again for the same object but it is set to "
- In progress - how many automation rules are currently running or waiting. Click the counter to see more details:
- to see the log for this automation execution.
- , if you want to stop a running automation.
- Sent Emails - how many emails were sent by automation rules in last 30 days.
- Leads - how many leads have been created by automation rules in last 30 days. Click the counter to see more details:
The Summary chart shows the following line graphs:
- Executions - how many automations activated each month.
- Sent Emails - how many emails were sent by automations each month.
- Leads - how many leads created each month.
The Top Automations table lists automations which have been triggered most often.
The Last Automations table lists automations which have been triggered recently. Click More to see more automations.
After the charts, the Automations page lists all your automation rules:
To edit a rule click it. To open more commands for a rule, click on its left side:
- To edit a rule, select
- To make a copy of a rule, select
- To delete a rule, select
- To see the execution history for a rule, select . (Please note that history is only kept for three months.)
The history page lists all currently running and already executed instances of the rule:
Click a person link to see the person's summary view.
Click , if you want to stop a running automation.
Click at the end of a history row to see the full Automation log for that entry.