The Behavior page lists chatbot rules which define when and how the chatbot dialog will open automatically. For example, you can program the chatbot to appear after the visitor spends a certain time on a page, scrolls it to a set percentage, or after it opens a number of pages on the whole site.
When creating a set of rules for your site, please be aware that:
- In a chatbot conversation, rules are retrieved from the top of the Chatbot Rules list to the bottom for each open page until any rule triggers. So only one rule can be triggered per conversation. Use the Up and Down arrows to change the position of a rule in the list.
- Rules are reset when a conversation is reset (for example, if the visitor closes the chatbot and restarts the browser).
To add a rule:
- Open the Behavior tab and click
- Use the Set page where rule is used field to enter the URL of the page you want to apply the rule to or a wildcard for a set of pages:
- Select type of rule from the Choose when to open the chatbot list.
- Select Do not open automatically if you want to configure special bot greetings for the page.
- Select Visitor has been some time on the page if you want the rule to trigger when the visitor spends on the page the given number of seconds. Use the [ n ] seconds in the page field to specify the number of seconds.
- Select Visitor scrolls the page if you want the rule to trigger when the visitor scrolls down to the set percentage of the page. Use the Scrolled [ n ] % of the page field to specify the needed percentage.
- Select Visitor visits this many pages if you want the rule to trigger when the visitor opens pages from the given set the given amount of times. Use the At least [ n ] pages field to specify the required count of opens. (Please note that the rule counts every page opening. Thus, reloading the same page counts as a page open too.)
(Please note that when this rule matches a real page, this does not stop retrieving next rules.)
(This rule triggers for a page matching the condition in Set page where rule is used. Retrieving next rules stops, but the chatbot will open only when the visitor spends the given time on the page.)
(This rule triggers for a page matching the condition in Set page where rule is used. Retrieving next rules stops, but the chatbot will open only when the visitor scrolls the page by the given percentage.)
(This rule triggers for a page simultaneously matching the conditions in Set page where rule is used and At least [ n ] pages. Retrieving next rules stops.)