How to Install Vine Tracking using GTM
You can install the Vine tracking script using the following preferred methods:
- If you created your site using WordPress then you should add Vine tracking using the WordPress Vine plug-in.
- If you created your site using Joomla then you should add Vine tracking using the Joomla Vine plug-in.
- For all other systems, you should copy the Vine tracking script to your web pages.
However, if in your scenario the methods above do not work then you can use Google Tag Manager to install Vine tracking.
Please note that users can configure their adblockers to remove tracking scripts added by GTM and, thus, break most of the Vine functionality.
In Vine MA:
- Go to Settings -> Web Site - > Tracking pane and select Other:
- Click Copy next to the script code.
First, you need to create a trigger that will activate when any of your web pages is opened:
- In your workspace, please select Triggers in the left side menu and click New.
- Give the trigger a name, for example: all pages
- Select Page View as the trigger type
- Select the trigger to fire on All Page Views
- Click Save to create the trigger.
Your trigger should look as follows:
Now, you need to create a tag adding the tracking code.
- Please select Tags in the left side menu and click New.
- Give the tag a name, for example: “Vine tracking code”
- Select tag type: Custom HTML
- Click inside the HTML pane and paste the code you copied in Vine MA earlier (for example, by pressing CTRL-V).
- Select all pages as a firing trigger.
Your tag should look as follows:
Verifying Tracking in Vine MA
To verify if you have successfully added Vine Tracking to your site:
- Open any page of your site. (Please note, that sometimes you might need to wait a couple of minutes before you go to the next step.)
- Type the address of your web site in the Verify Tracking field. You will see a green check-mark next to it if the tracking works.