In the GDPR - Delete Person pane (available only for users with the Admin role), you can completely remove all the data on a person ( for example, if you have received a Data Erasure request) in your database.
- Enter a person's name and click Find.
- In the list of found persons click the one you want to remove.
- Select Confirm the delete and then click Delete.
If you need to allow using a "forgotten" person (person whose data you have removed from Vine), you can do it using the person's email address or phone number.
To allow a previously forgotten person:
- Enter the person's email address or phone number in the bottom Find edit box and click Find:
- If the person is forgotten then you will see the following dialog:
- Click OK to allow using that person again.
Please note that Vine does not keep any data on forgotten persons. Instead, Vine prevents adding forgotten persons again by storing their emails and/or phone numbers as hash values (numerical codes uniquely identifying data, but without possibility to decode data). So when you ask to allow a person by entering an email or phone, Vine generates a hash value from it, compares to hash values of forgotten persons, and allows the person if it finds a matching hash value.