Note: You can modify chapters within the limits set in the Email Templates tool.
The chapter settings are located on the left on the Chapter tab. Click inside a chapter to open the Chapter tab.
Use the Show chapter for list to make the chapter visible only to persons with a specific tag:
The settings allow you to hide elements of a chapter as well as set the chapter visibility. Simply clear the checkbox of an element if you do not want email recipients to see it.
If a chapter includes an element (e.g. a button) you can hide or enable it by selecting the element (or whole chapter) first and then clearing or selecting the element’s check box, respectively.
If the email template you are using has the Allow to change email colors switch turned on then you can also change the available chapter background colors:
Changing an image
Click an image which you want to change. The toolbar that will appear above the image includes the Undo/Redo buttons, the size of the image set in CSS and the Edit button .
Click to edit the image,
You can click to find and load an image or you can add an image from the following tabbed pages:
- Organization Library. This tab shows the library of images available in Vine Marketing Automation for all users in your company. You can add more images or remove the ones you no longer need.
- Unsplash.com This is a well known site which provides free photos for everyone. You can search its library or select an image from those that you used recently.
Click an image that you want to add.
Use the Alt field to set alternative text ( text shown when an image cannot be shown).
If the image is wider horizontally than the area reserved in the template, then the image will be automatically resized proportionally to fit horizontally.
If the image is smaller horizontally than the area reserved in the template, then the image will not be changed and there will be left empty space horizontally. Please select Fill Horizontally if you want your smaller image to be resized proportionally to fill horizontally the reserved area.
In all cases the height of the reserved area will be adjusted automatically.
All usual image formats are supported: JPG, PNG, GIF
To change the CSS size settings:
- Clear Fill Horizontally. If this is not cleared then the smaller image will be reset to the available space in the template.
- Change the CSS width or height settings. Please note that when the Keep Image Ratio is locked then there is no reason to increase the CSS width larger than the one set in the template for this area.
- If you want to change the image aspect ratio then, first, please click the Keep Image Ratio icon to unlock aspect ratio and then change the width and height settings.
You can fine tune how your image looks using the toolbar commands.
Hover over a toolbar button to see its tip.
- To browse for a new image click
- To save the image in email to your organization library, click
- To rotate the image click
- To flip the image click
- To crop the image click and drag the sizing handles to crop an image to its part.
You can Press-and -hold the Shift key when resizing the crop rectangle to maintain its aspect ratio.
In the crop mode the image is shown based on its real width and the crop rectangle is set to the CSS size set in the template.
Click to apply changes.
Adding an Image in Text
If you want to add an image inside text, then place the cursor where you want to add a new image and click the Insert/Edit image button in the toolbar:
To configure links, please use the Link tab which shows when you click inside a link in your email:
- Select a link or a button.
- The Link tab will display settings for it.
- Select the needed type of the link:
- The settings for the selected link type will be shown:
For example, creating a document link :
Select a document to complete creating the link:
If the email template you are using has the Allow to change email colors switch turned on then you can also change the button colors:
Please note that all links are automatically tracked if the target pages support tracking.
Link Types in Email
The following link types are supported in emails using Customer Web pages.
Added using the Link Type menu:
- Normal Web Link. Used to define regular web links.
- Use HTTP, HTTPS Protocol for regular web links.
- Select MAILTO to create email links:
- Use : for custom links.
- Select No Link from the Protocol list, to simply create a placeholder for a link.
- Update Contact Information
- Document.Used to download a document from the database.
- Register for event. Used to register for events listed on the EVENTS page of the tool. When email recipients click such a link , they get connected to the event and then can add a reminder to their Calendar (for example, Outlook Calendar).
- Not Now For Event. Can be used in cases when you want recipients to be able to register or inform you that they are not coming on the same web page. (Otherwise, works similar to the Register For Event link.)
- Questionnaire. Used when you want recipients to answer a set of questions and store their answers in the database. Questionnaires first have to be created in Vine.
- Invite Friend For Event link. Used when you want recipients to be able to enter contact data and send an invitation email to any person they want to invite for the event. The invitation email will include a link to one more Web page where registration for the event can be accepted (or declined, if accepted earlier).
- GDPR - Show Person Data.You can add a link to show all person data required by the GDPR law.
- Verify Email Lists. When email recipients click this link, they will see a page with all email lists they have subscribed to. They can verify and update their email lists.
- Landing Page. When email recipients click this link, they will see the landing page you choose from the Select Page list:
- Unsubscribe. Select this to create an unsubscribe link.
- Suggest a friend to subscribe. When email recipients click this link, a special Customer Web page will open where they can enter contact data for a friend they want to invite to subscribe to this email list. When Invite is clicked the friend will receive an email with a subscribe link.
Select Site Tracking to track clicking this link by site visitors. The link address will then include special Vine parameters for tracking visitor actions. If you clear Site Tracking then tracking parameters will not be added which is useful in cases when you do not want or cannot track the link usage.
If Site Tracking is selected then you can use Google Analytics to isolate and analyze traffic to your web pages coming from Vine marketing emails. The link will be automatically tagged using the Source("vine"), Medium ("email"), and Campaign(email subject) UTM parameters for Google Analytics.
For a custom link (such as TEL:) you need to enter its link type:
If this link clicked when already registered, then it shows the NOT NOW button allowing to unregister.
Please note that in addition to registration events you can select Event from Automation Trigger for this type of links. In this case, the link will work for the event that started automation in the Registered to Event trigger.
Please note that in addition to registration events you can select Event from Automation Trigger for this type of link. In this case, the link will work for the event that started automation in the Registered to Event trigger.
To create a landing page, use the Landing Pages tab on the Web Site page.