Organizing Bot Form Steps
Adding a Step
To add a new step:
- Scroll to the step after which you want to add a new step and click the Plus sign at the bottom of that step .
- A list of available steps will appear. Find and click the step you want to add:
Selecting Step Visibility
For each step, you can select its visibility at the right of it :
Setting next step
For each step and for each button you can select a step to jump to after the current step. By default, the next step is the step right after the current one. Select End if you want the step sequence to terminate after the current step.
Please note that the editor checks for steps which cannot be accessed (depending on your current position) and shows those in gray. This helps to create correctly working bots, especially ones with multiple branches.
Moving a Step
Select the step you want to move and drag it to a new location. Step numbers will be updated everywhere automatically.
Removing a Step
Select the step you want to remove and click the dust bin icon .
Copying a Step
Select the step you want to create an exact copy of and click .
Use a Message step to show an HTML based message.
Use the simple built-in HTML editor to create your message:
Select text and click this to make it bold
Select text and click this to italicize it
Select text and click this to underline it
Select text and click this to align text to the left, center it, or align to the right
Click this to indent less
Click this to indent more to the right
Select text and apply predefined formats, such as paragraph, heading levels, etc.
Click here to insert and configure a table
Removes the formatting of the selected text
Click here to insert link.
Click this to insert/edit image, for example a logo image.
Click here to insert Vine elements:
Person name - a placeholder for Firstname Lastname of a recognized person
Reset Identity - a special link which resets the person stored in the browser cookies.
Using the Buttons step you can create a row of buttons which the user can click to perform actions set for them.
Buttons of the following types are supported:
- None - no action performed when clicked. Can be used, for example, to skip actions and go to the next step.
- URL - use this action to specify a web address which you want to open in the browser when the button is clicked. You can specify the target browser windows where you want the set address to open.
- Tag - use this when you want to tag the user when the button is clicked:
- Email List - use this when you want to add the user to an email list when the button is clicked:
- Registration Event - use to register the user to an event
Click Create if you need a new tag, enter its name and click OK.
Using the Input step you can collect data from the user.
Select a needed field from the Field list:
Placeholder will be automatically entered, but you can edit it:
The Submit step does not show anything to the user. It only sends all the form data collected up to this step to the Vine server for processing.