Creating a Zap
Using Vine Triggers
Let us see how to use Vine triggers using a sample Zap which is activated when Vine raises a new lead and creates a new person in Pipedrive if it is not there yet:
- Click Make A Zap to create a new zap. (If you are new to Zapier you might see a tutorial. Take it if you need it.)
You will see the first page where you need to select your application. Click Show All if you do not see Vine app there. Sometimes you might need to type "vine" in the search box for it to appear in the list.
- Click Vine to select it.
- Next you need to choose a Vine trigger:
Click Continue and select the Vine account you created:
- Click Continue again to set parameters for your trigger:
Click Continue to test your trigger and pull in a sample of data from Vine to Zapier. If the test is successful you will be suggested to continue to the step where you can define which actions you want to perform once the trigger is activated.
Click Done Editing to close the Vine trigger.
Click the Plus sign, find the "Pipedrive" application and create a "Find or Create" action in Pipedrive:
Test and give a name to your zap.
If the zap works as intended then simply turn it on:
Using Vine Actions
Let us see how to use Vine actions using a sample Zap which is activated when a new person created in Pipedrive and then copies that person to Vine if it is not there yet:
- Create a zap using the New Person trigger in pipedrive:
- Create a Find a person action in Vine:
- There is two search types available: by Email and by Name and Company. Select Email:
- Configure the parameters of the Find action and select Create Vine Person if it doesn't exist yet :
- Click Continue and then Test the action and turn it on if it works as intended.