You can create API keys in the API Keys tab in Settings. API keys can be used to log in to Vine services without using Vine username and password. API keys are more secure to be used in external services because:
- There is no need to store your password with an external service and you can simply delete an API key and remove access to Vine for that service.
- API keys stay functional even if you have to change your Vine password.
- API keys can limit access to functionality only required by that service.
To create an API key click New Key.
- Enter a name and a description for your key.
- From the Rights list select access rights for your key. Currently, Vine API keys support access to Vine REST and Vine Zapier integration.
- Click OK. Your key will be created.
Now you can copy and paste the key to give other services access to your Vine.
You can find more information about using API keys in Zapier Integration.