To send a marketing email you will need to create an email list which includes persons from your database. You can add persons to your database in many ways, for example, manually creating persons in Marketing Automation or Vine CRM, exporting data from an Excel list, loading data from the Vine Address Service. If you just started using Marketing Automation then you can use the Address Service to populate your database with good data as it has access to thousands of Finnish companies and decision making people.
Configuring Address Service Settings
Before loading data using the Address Service, it is very important that you configure Address Service settings.
- First you need to select an email list where all the loaded persons will be added. If you need a new list, you can create it on the Lists page:
- Next, you should decide if you want all persons or only persons with email addresses present. If you plan to send emails to contacts in your database then you obviously need persons with email addresses. Another thing to consider is whether you want to include only persons with already present email addresses or you also want to include persons who do not have email addresses but whose email addresses can be generated by Vine. Please note that Vine tries to generate email addresses using the most common way of creating corporate email addresses, such as "firstname.lastname@companydomain".
- In addition, you need to decide if you want your downloaded group to strictly include only companies and persons which satisfy your criteria or you want the group to be able to grow by also loading all employee persons for companies matching your search.
Select Hidden list as you most likely do not want this list to be publicly available online on your Customer Web.
Now you can select a new list:
- You want to add to your database all managing directors of advertizing companies. And you want only those who have email addresses to be able to contact them later.
Then you need the following settings:
And your Address Service load could be like this:
- You want to load ALL possible contacts from advertizing companies which have managing directors. Then your load search will be the same as the one above, but the settings could be like this:
Note the following changes in the settings:
Load persons with email or email can be generated is now selected as you want to be able to try to contact even those contacts who do not have email addresses listed in the Address Service database, but whose email addresses could be guessed and generated by Vine.
Load all persons from companies is now selected as you want to load all possible contacts from advertizing companies which are supervised by managing directors.
Open the Lists page, and select Members from the menu for the "AS Contacts" list. Then click and select Load from Address Service from the list that will appear.
Please note that the Current status pane shows how many companies and persons are already in your database. If you have not yet loaded or added data to your database then there should be only your company and users in the database:
If the Current Status pane shows much more companies and persons then please check if you still have demo data in your database. It is recommended to remove demo data from the database before you start any real usage of Marketing Automation.
- First, from the Industry list, select the industries you want to limit the companies of your loaded contacts to.
If needed type a key word in the search box to see only industries with your key word:
- From the Responsibility list, select types of jobs you want your loaded contacts to have.
- To refine your search further, you can apply Additional Filters to companies.
- Click Calculate to see the resulting amount of companies and persons in your load group. Please note that the amount of persons and companies listed says how many objects will be loaded if Load all persons from companies is not selected. If you select it, then more data will be loaded now and it is likely that even more data could be loaded later in nightly updates of your database.
- If you are happy with the Result estimates then click Load to add the data to your database. The following confirmation dialog will appear:
- Click OK to load the data. Please wait until the data finishes loading. You can now check how many objects have been loaded in the Current Status pane:
Note that the list at the top always shows all selected industries regardless of the filtered list below.
Select Show Most Common Responsibilities to reduce the number of shown responsibilities and see only the most common ones.
Now you have defined a search which will find advertizing companies which have managing directors and then load such companies and their managing directors.
For example, using the following limiting conditions you will only have managing directors of companies with personnel more than 30 employees and turnover higher than 100 k
Please remember that your monthly invoice depends on the number of persons (contacts) in your database. For the exact prices, you can refer to your contract or you can check Vine default prices here.