On the EMAILS / SELECT EMAIL / RECIPIENTS page select a group of people you want to send your email to:
The RECIPIENTS list includes:
- Single Person. Select this to send an email to one person. Then use the Single Person Search box to find and select the person you want to send your email to.
- Email Lists folder includes email lists, one of which you can select as the target list for an email.
- Active Events folder includes a subset of events from The Events folder which start less than a month earlier than today or in the future.
- Events folder shows the same events as in the Events history on the Events page.
- Tags folder includes lists of tagged persons
- In the other folders, you can save target groups(segments) you create in the Vine Marketing Automation and Vine CRM tools.
NOTE: In this version of the Marketing Automation tool you can not edit or delete target groups created in Vine CRM.
For all folders you can:
- Clear Filter out persons who have forbidden marketing emails if you want to send the email also to people who do not want to receive marketing emails (such people are included in the Unsubscribed list).
- Clear Filter out persons who have got email within xx days if you want to send the email also to people who recently got any marketing email from your company. To change the time period in the filter, please click in xx and enter a required number of days.
For email lists, events, and tags you can:
- Select Filter out persons who in last xx days if you want to remove people who did something to a sent email.
To change the time period in the filter, please click in it and enter a required number of days. Available target emails will be updated accordingly.
Then, first, select an email from the Target email list and, after that, select an action:
- Opened email - this means that a recipient opened the selected target email in email client.
- Reacted to email - this means that a person did some email related action, such as, clicked a link in the email, registered to event, visited customer web link , downloaded a document and so on.
- Received email - this means that a recipient received the selected target email.
For events, you can additionally specify if you want to send emails to people who:
- Registered. People who registered for the event.
- Participated. People who attended the event.
- No-show. People who registered, but did not attend the event.
- Invited. People invited to the event. When you select Invited you will see an extra setting:
Filter out persons who have registered or informed not coming. Select this if you want to send a reminder email to those who have been invited but have not still registered or decided not to come.
If you want to create a new email list please refer to the Email Lists chapter.
If you want to create a new segment click New Segment.
If you want to edit a segment, select it and click EDIT.
If you want to delete a segment, select it and click DELETE.
- Click to select a starting list of contacts which you can filter as needed to create a new segment.
- Use the Limit customer type filter to select the type of customers you want to search in.
- Use the Limit to These Groups and Exclude These Groups filters. These filters include folders from classification and profiling tools in Vine CRM.
- Use the following condition fields to further limit the results to only employees of companies matching the conditions you give:
- Use the Limit Industries To filter to select industries you want to limit the companies of your target contacts to. If needed, type a key word in the search box to see only industries with your key word:
- Use the Limit Job Responsibilities To filter to select jobs you want your target contacts to have.
Please note that some people with jobs you have selected can also have the Managing Director job responsibility. Select Remove Managing Directors if you want to additionally remove managing directors from your target group.
- If you have access to Vine Address Service then you can select Show Most Common Responsibilities to reduce the number of shown responsibilities and see only the most common ones.
- Click Calculate to see the resulting amount of companies and persons in your target group
- Click to give the group a name, and a type, and store it to the database.
- Click Save.
- Click Back to Recipients to return to the RECIPIENTS page or click EDIT if you want to continue editing the target group.
Please note that a segment is not a fixed list of persons, but a dynamic search executed each time the members of a segment are needed.
For example, using the following limiting conditions you will only have employees of companies with personnel more than 30 employees and turnover higher than 100 k
The following company fields are used to verify these conditions:
Number of employees - "Personnel" field in the company edit form
Turnover - "Turnover"
Postal code - "Street ZIP"
City - "Street City"
Please note that in Vine the registration date is only available for companies loaded using the Address Service.
Click on the RECIPIENTS page when you have set your target group to go to the SEND EMAIL page.